Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thing #1

     7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners was a very interesting PowerPoint to view. While looking over this, I saw things from a different perspective that I have never considered. While reviewing each habit, I compared them to myself. The two habits that I sort of connect with was Habit 2 and Habit 4.

     Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind.
  • If I start a task I picture myself completing to the end. For example, college. I start my first day of college with the expectations of me graduating within a 4-5 year time period.
     Habit 4: Have the confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner.
  • In school, I am given a hard task and I am worried that I may not do it correctly or don't have it done in time. So instead i start to panic. Instead, I need to have confidence in myself and tell myself that I can do this!!

1 comment:

  1. I could relate to Habit 4 as well. I often get so overwhelmed and stressed by the amount of work I see coming for the semester instead of rust reminding myself that I can and will get it all done. That if I pace myself and plan ahead of time the work won't be so overwhelming. I also have an problem being confident because I see where I struggle. When I don't get a concept or idea I just feel like I am never going to. It is said that everyone is their own worse critic and I definitely believe, but we have to find a way to overcome that. I think positive self talk is where it needs to start...like the little engine that could, "I think I can, I know I can".

    ReplyDelete