Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thing #6

The Web 2.0 that I choose was Google Docs. I had previously heard about it but never had quite understood it. Google Docs is a tool where you can store word documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. The only requirement that is needed is internet access. You are able to log into to any computer and log into you g mail account and access your Google docs from there.
     For example, if you are writing a paper at home and you can't find your USB drive, you are able to log into your Gmail account, go to Google Docs, and save it to your account. Then when you get to school, sign in and you are able to print it off from the schools computer... Pretty neat!!
Google Docs is the new thing with putting documents on the internet. It saves paper and time form trying to save it on a USB drive.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's cool you can use Google Docs to save your documents so you can just log into your account and pull all of your documents up instead of having to remember to bring a USB drive. It would save time because you can just log into your account instead of having to get out your USB drive and plug it into the computer and download the document from there. I think it's a great resource to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had no idea what google docs was or what it did. It's really nice to know now, and to be able to use this tool will most definitely be useful! Although for me, I was required to use a program called Dropbox for a class my sophomore year that is very similar but on it's own server unlike Google. Therefore, I use dropbox a lot as an alternative to emailing or storing things on a flash drive, but having google docs as another backup system would be amazing. I'll definitely invest some time into it that's for sure! You can never have too many back-up copies. Definitely check out dropbox too, you can upload just about any file type there, so if you need to put movies or drawings somewhere, dropbox is the place for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really awesome that you can store information in Google Docs! It really comes in handy if you don't have a flash drive, or if you don't always keep up with yours. I'll definitely use this in the future.

    ReplyDelete